1. Gobindobhog Rice / Basmati Rice : 2 cups
2. Chini : 4 tsp
3. Ghee : 4 tsp
4. Cashew Nuts: 10-15 pcs
5. Raisin - 10-15 pieces
6. Garam Masala - Crushed (1 tsp)
7. Red Chili - 2 pcs
8. Salt - To Taste
9. Bay Leaves - 2 pcs
10. Turmeric - 1tsp
11. Green Peas
1. Wash the rice properly and spread in a plate. Mix sugar, salt and turmeric powder with the rice.
2. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan.
3. Add bay leaves, red chili and garam masala in the ghee and saute it.
4. When an aroma comes add cashew nuts and fry for minute.
5. Now add rice add keep frying. When aroma comes add raisin.
6. When aroma comes add raisin and 4 cups (the same cup used to measure the rice) of water. Cover with a lid and let it boil.
7. Once the rice cooks properly and the water is completely absorbed, serve hot.